Named after Commodore Ludlow & Cornelius Blunt, two men who were keen lovers of the race track and active throughout their lives in philanthropic causes. The 1st Ludlow Blunt store was in Windsor Arcade. This was the 1st mall ever built in Manhattan but nothing like the sterile malls of today. Considered one of the most beautiful retail buildings constructed in the city, it was modeled on the small shops found in London & Paris. Built in 1901 on 5th Av between 46th & 47th st, the building was filled with shops such as Steinway Pianos, book stores, portrait photography studios and art galleries. The building was demolished in 1921 to make way for the S.W. Strauss bank building, Messers Ludlow & Blunt relocated to Larger Premises.